Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Color Palette

I have chosen a few colors from the paints that I have used in my home to repaint it last month.

 The light orange is the color of the undertones from the cabinets that were refinished in the kitchen.
 The lighter color of green is from the accents that naturally came out when the fence was painted a pickled finish.
 The red came from the two pillows and the throw rug that is now in the living room. Against a tanned leather couch, it gives a rich brown even more life and character. It will never look the same without the red...
 The lighter blue is the color of the bottom half of the bathroom that is done to the style of light houses and pelicans. It is joyful and it matches the furnishings that we bought for the room, perfectly.    
 The darker blue is from a painting that hangs in the same bathroom. The first light house is set upon a building of that color. I gives it a royal base that appears strong and resistant to the sun and surf.
 The darker green is from a shade of paint that was used to sponge paint over a maroon and gold textured canopy that is above the master bed. I gives a great depth to the texturing and the general area.
 The yellow is the base color for my little girls room. It brings out the joy that is created in her room. It is my favorite color for that specific reason and purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment